The MENU > MESH page on the Service Mesh Manager web interface shows information about your service mesh and the control planes.
The page shows the following real-time information:
The mesh in numbers
- CONTROL PLANES: The number of Istio control planes in the mesh.
- CLUSTERS: The number of clusters in the mesh.
- ISTIO PROXIES MEMORY USAGE: Current memory usage of the Istio proxies (sidecars).
- ISTIO PROXIES CPU USAGE: Current CPU usage of the Istio proxies (sidecars).
- ISTIO PROXIES NOT RUNNING: The Istio proxies (sidecars) that are not running for some reason.
Displays basic status information about the clusters in the mesh.
This is mostly useful in the multi-cluster setup when multiple clusters are in the mesh.
This section displays information and metrics about the Istio control planes in the mesh, including version and revision information, and validation errors.
Click on a specific control plane to display information about:
- The pods of the control plane.
- The proxies of the control plane and their synchronization status.
- List of validation issues found in the configurations.
- The trust bundles defined for the control plane.
- Detailed metrics about the resource usage of Istiod and the proxies.
In addition, selecting a control plane also shows the following basic information:
- CLUSTER NAME: The name of the cluster the control plane is running on.
- VERSION: The Istio version of the service mesh.
- ROOT NAMESPACE: The administrative root namespace for Istio configuration of the service mesh.
- TRUST DOMAIN: The list of trust domains.
- AUTOMATIC MTLS: Shows whether automatic mutual TLS is enabled for the service mesh.
- OUTBOUND TRAFFIC POLICY: The default outbound traffic policy for accessing external services set for the mesh. For details, see External Services.
- PROXIES: The number of sidecar proxies in the mesh.
- CONFIG: Click the icon to display the configuration of the control plane.
Shows information and status about the pods of the control plane.
Lists the proxies managed by the control plane, and the synchronization status of the cluster discovery service (CDS), listener discovery service (LDS), endpoint discovery service(EDS), and route discovery service (RDS) for the proxy.
Shows the trust bundles defined for the control plane.
Lists the validation issues for the entire control plane.
The timeline charts show the version and revision of the Istio proxies used in the mesh, as well as error metrics from the Istio Pilot agent, for example, rejected CDS and EDS configurations. (Istio Pilot agent runs in the sidecar or gateway container and bootstraps Envoy.)
To display more detailed metrics about the resource usage of Istiod and the proxies, click on a control plane in the Control planes section.